Workplace, Title IX, & Compliance-Related Investigations:
- We conduct prompt and thorough independent investigations into allegations of employee misconduct, such as discrimination, harassment, Title IX and wage and hour violations, workplace violence, breaches of codes of conduct or FCPA violations, bullying, and retaliation, among other issues.
- We serve as an expert witness concerning the efficacy and effectiveness of a workplace investigation and employer response thereto.
Training, Coaching, & Skill-Building for Managers/Employees:
- We develop and deliver customized and engaging employment law compliance training (including sexual harassment prevention, workplace respect, diversity/inclusion, effective supervision, performance management and discipline, complying with the ADA, FMLA, workers compensation and other applicable state leave laws, and Form I-9 compliance, among other subjects).
- We provide effective training and coaching of employees and managers to remedy workplace issues or complaints, to build and foster teamwork amongst colleagues and resolve ongoing issues, and/or to build necessary skills.
Human Resources Consulting, Audits, & Advice:
- We develop employee handbooks, codes of conduct, policies and workplace guidelines, partner with small employers to build or update their HR function, create performance evaluations and review, evaluate, and update compensation practices, draft job descriptions and employment/contractor/consulting agreements.
- We conduct workplace audits to determine compliance with wage-hour, Form I-9, and other applicable laws.
- We provide “ground level” assistance regarding problem employees, including assistance with handling difficult terminations, disciplinary actions, counseling, and reductions-in-force.
Worner Velasco Suarez, PC is a law firm serving clients in the niche areas of investigations, training, and coaching, and HR consulting, audits, & advice, with its principal office located in Houston, Texas and satellite office located in Fargo, North Dakota (where we are available by appointment only).
The Preserve at North Loop
2000 North Loop West, Suite 206
Houston, Texas 77018